Friday, April 13, 2012

Creamy Vegan Artichoke Dip

Hi! I'm back! 
Today me and Carlita are pretending that it's a lazy day. 
We're both still in our jammies, cuddled on the couch, but I'm actually digging DEEP for some energy because Pat's family is coming over for a vegan feast tonight and the food well... its not going to make itself and the house... it never cleans up after itself...so rude! 
SO I need to get my lazy bum in gear...like yesterday! 
But just to put that off for a little while longer I decided to share one of my favorite recipes. 
It always impresses my meat eaters! 
I stole this recipe from a friend and I have NO intentions on returning it! 
So, now I claim it as my own! 
It's so good every time i make it I really don't want to share, I would just like to have my way with it in privacy but no such luck! 

Creamy Vegan Artichoke Dip 
{Vegan AND Gluten free} 

To serve 2 people you will need:
* 1 small jar of marinated artichokes - drained
* 1/4 cup Vegenaise 
* 1/4 cup nutritional yeast 
* 1 clove garlic
* a handful of Daiya cheese
*paprika 
{salt and pepper} 


Preparation: 

* preheat oven to 350 
* Drain artichokes, pour into a bowl and mash them into smaller bits 
* mix in the vegenaise, nutritional yeast, garlic and handful of daiya cheese
* sprinkle more daiya cheese on top if you like it extra creamy!
* add salt and pepper if you please {I always do :) } 
* transfer into an oven safe baking dish and bake for 20 min

While its baking cut bread for dipping or use chips {gluten free if making if GF} 
Or get loco and use both! 
I prefer sourdough




Remove from oven and sprinkle with paprika. 
Enjoy! 

The original recipe was found on here

No comments:

Post a Comment