Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Valentines Tree





Hello Friends!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I am sorry for being MIA as of late, I would make up a good excuse as to why that is but frankly - I don't have one... So... shame on me! I guess when you have a blog with no followers you're not really letting anyone down when your MIA anyway haha, so who am I trying to kid!

Anyway... This past week my mother and I created the Valentines tree! The story behind the Valentines Tree goes as such: In September my Aunt Laura was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. She was told that she would most likely not see another Christmas. With that said she decided to put up her FIRST and probably LAST Christmas tree; she had bought a beautiful tree a few months back off QVC and it had remained in its box collecting dust waiting for its big debut! My dad helped her put the tree up and Laura and my other Aunt Carol adorned it with beautiful ornaments. Christmas came and passed and the tree still owned its window in the corner. Since we knew it would be her last Christmas tree my mom suggested we leave the tree up and transform it into a Valentines Tree! Laura was thrilled with the idea so my mom and I got to work! Creating paper ornaments for the tree! We are pretty proud of how are VTREE turned out and Laura LOVES it, which was the purpose of the VTREE so all is well! Take a look!

Don't take your health for granted, we are SO BLESSED!! xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment